As a business owner, should I build my own website?
I tried building my website on WordPress but I couldn’t figure it out so I used a website builder
Is this you?
There are more and more website builders in the digital market that are cheap and allow beginners the capability to build their own website. While it may seem cost-effective at first, over time it can become costly and it may not have all the functionality you need to grow your online presence.
We have decided to do a quick review in pricing and feedback of these popular website builders to give you insight and how to reach your business goal with how you get your website built.
- Their plans are about $360-$540 per year, and because it’s a yearly subscription, it will end up costing more than paying for a once-off professional built website after the 3rd or 4th
- it is a slow and clunky system because of its drag and drop feature and thus it becomes a poor online experience for the user.
- Incorporating a SEO strategy can be challenging because of the heavy load in the drag and drop feature, it slows down the system and therefore affect the search engine ranking of your website.
- If your business has a small budget and its a short-term project then WIX could be a good start.
- About $204 per year, which is very cheap. However, they have lots of limitations and you really just pay for what you get.
- Your website is your online real estate, do you really want a #basic website or something #extra that makes your business stand out?
- Their plans are about $300-$624 per year, and because it’s a yearly subscription, you could be paying more $ in the long-term.
- It’s one of the best website builders for businesses with a short-term strategy. Their templates are clean and easy to use but it could be costly in the long-term. If you want extra features (ie. SEO, eCommerce) it can be expensive.
To increase the chances of your business being successful, having a professional looking website is the key. Although it is tempting to sign up to these cheap website builders, what small business owners don’t realise is that the layout and branding of your website can make or break your business.
If you need help in building a website, contact us today.